Orchids to …
• Bonnie Ayers for all you do to help, from Carolyn.
• the lady in the blue SUV for buying our lunch at Chick-fil-A, from the girls in the black truck.
• the anonymous family who gave the generous donation allowing our son to attend Camp Delafield, from the Fox family.
• President Obama for his stance on terrorism.
• the third-shift cashier at Ricker’s in Ogilville for keeping the store so inviting while getting everyone’s food out plus checking us out in a timely manner last week.
• Elizabeth for being so great with Emmy this week.
• Jan Lucas for maintaining a beautiful landscape at Washington Court Apartments, from appreciative neighbors.
• Bob Birk and Mary Glasson for planning the 75th class reunion for 1941 graduates of Columbus High School, to Bob for arranging meals for class members and guests, Larry Ruble of Bull Dog Alumni for copies of the yearbook, The Republic’s Mike Wolanin and Campbell’s Photography for group pictures.
• Gina Barreca for her right-on column about trigger warnings.
• the man in the black Chevy Spark who stopped last Friday to help at the accident scene.
Onions to …
• the state sports organization that didn’t choose Lesley Sims as Miss Softball.
• customers of a local bar with ample parking who choose instead to park in spaces meant for customers of other businesses.
• all drivers who thoughtlessly and carelessly refuse to turn on their lights at dusk.
• To anyone who thinks that platitudes of love, peace and inclusiveness reach the people who hate us.
Happy Birthday to …
• Doris Ison, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Eian Bryant, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Owen Bryant, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Ann Arterburn, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Becky Church, from your brother and Dad.
• Jaylen Simmons, on No. 3, from Dad, Mom, Mimi and Pop Pop and all your family.
• John Ziegler, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Lily Tuell.
• Levi Archer.
• Janet Bierlein, from all your seat mates at St. Bartholomew Catholic Parish.
• Christeen Moody from Gram.
• Bob Schlienz from Sue.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Michelle and Todd Fortini, from your family and Donna.
• Dave and Carolyn Lohr on No. 50, from the motley crew.
• Jim and Diana Stafford from friends at the Moravian Church.
• David and Doris Lambert Armstrong, on No. 62, from John Tinkey.