The following closings have been announced for the Fourth of July holiday on Monday.
- All Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles license branches will be closed Saturday through Monday. Branches will resume regularly scheduled business hours Tuesday. For more information on branch locations and hours, visit myBMV.com.
- Columbus City Hall will be closed Monday.
- The Columbus City Utilities Office will be closed Monday. Summer business hours will resume 7 a.m. Tuesday. If you have a problem with your water or sewer service, call the business office at 812-372-8861 and follow the prompts.
- The City of Columbus is reminding residents that there will be no city trash, compost, brush or recycling collections on Monday because of the Fourth of July holiday. Collections next week will be on a one-day delay, with Friday’s collections being picked up on Saturday. Residents are reminded to have toters out by 7 a.m.
- All Bartholomew County government offices, including the Courthouse, the Solid Waste Management District Office, the Columbus/Bartholomew County Recycling Center and the Bartholomew County Landfill, are closed Monday.