The State Street Area Association is collecting donations during the next two weeks for the 28 residents who were displaced from their homes in Stonegate Apartments after a June 25 fire.
Donations will be accepted at the America and Roby Anderson Community Center, 421 McClure Road. Residents can drop off donations 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday or Wednesday, from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday and from 4 to 6 p.m. July 11 to 13. Needed items include:
- Bottled water, paper plates, plastic utensils, napkins and paper towels
- Health care items such as bandages, rubbing alcohol, peroxide, antibiotic ointment and hand sanitizer
- Personal hygiene products such as shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soap, tooth brushes, toothpaste, combs/brushes, nail files, clippers, shaving cream, disposable razors and body lotion
- Cleaning supplies such as laundry soap, fabric softener and laundry baskets/hampers
- Office supplies such as notebooks, pens/pencils, envelopes and stamps
- Gift cards to restaurants or department stores