• July 5
Orchids to …
• the ever-enchanting Debra Slone for all she does to beautify Columbus.
• the Rev. Brian Gilroy at Garden City Church of Christ for having the courage to continue to boldly proclaim God’s word, speaking the truth and having the conviction to tell his congregation like it is.
• Hartsville Fire Department for another excellent fish fry during the Old Fashioned Independence Day Celebration, from the Yellow Trail Museum Board.
• David Webster for great announcing during the Old Fashioned Independence Day Celebration, from the Yellow Trail Museum.
• the student and adult helpers who made the crafts, games and contests run like clockwork at the Old Fashioned Independence Day Celebration, from Barb Johnson.
• a great crowd Friday night who left the Hope Town Square completely cleaned up after the fireworks display, from the Yellow Trail Museum.
• everyone who made Hope’s Old Fashioned Independence Day Celebration a huge success.
• Susie Dodd for all your hard work, from someone who appreciates your dedication.
• Mayor Lienhoop for telling people this is Columbus, Indiana, and not Green Acres.
• persons living in the Ninth Street area who are concerned about their neighbor’s well-being.
• people who removed the trash toters from the Ninth Street area.
• Clea West for her friendship and help over the years, from a friend.
• the physicians, nurses and caregivers at CRH, ICU and cardiac care for excellent care during my hospitalization.
• Mayor Jim Lienhoop and the city administration for toughening regulations on building codes.
• Hannah and Ron Cox for their beautiful 16th memorial tribute to their son, Tony, despite the rain.
• Hobby Lobby for reminding us, once again, of the consequences of drifting away from God.
• the extremely kind and strong young woman who lifted me off the floor when I fell at CVS Saturday.
Happy Birthday to …
• Dorothy Elmore, from the Rev. Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Lisa Burton, from the Rev. Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Mary Jane Perry from Jean Patrick.
• Zachary Pickett, from your Nana.
• Steve Gabriel, from Faye Rose.
• Jefferson Scott Lane, from your mom.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Matt and Christy Cline, on No. 30, from Mom and Jim, Kelby and Cindy, Josie and Chris, Mark and Lisa, John and Sherry and all the rest of your family.