Orchids to …
• the person who bought the police officer’s lunch Thursday afternoon at the Taylorsville McDonald’s drive-thru.
• my girls, Donita, Danette and Dawn Rae, for all they have done for me since my surgeries, from Mom.
• Morris and Cheryl Nading for taking us to dinner and showing us a really good time the other night, from Art and Dorothy Winkler.
• Columbus Post Office and Holly, the mail carrier on Ninth Street, for their kindness and help Wednesday, from a Ninth Street resident.
• the couple that turned in a pink billfold left in a small cart Thursday at Walmart.
• the person who rescued a little neighborhood possum, took it to the country and turned it loose.
Onions to …
• The Republic carrier who did not deliver Thursday’s papers to some homes on County Road 800N.
• the store that has blocked all but one door with products, causing a fire-exit hazard.
• supporters who believe a candidate who turned her head, allowing four innocent American men to be killed on foreign land, will be able to keep us safe here at home.
• people who don’t understand that all lives matter, even if it doesn’t seem that way.
• Columbus Township for not having the money to pay firefighters.
• those who don’t understand that sometimes when large corporations file for bankruptcy it is for a strategic and economic advantage.
• those who don’t realize that one political candidate overcame bankruptcy four times.
• those who don’t realize plastic bags for newspapers aren’t free and are not always available.
• people who suffer from the “little red hen” syndrome.
• gas stations in Taylorsville for price gouging by raising prices 50 cents a gallon.
• medical office workers who tell patients they can’t change doctors.
• The Republic for changing the wording and meaning of my Onions.
Happy Birthday to …
• Izabella Martinez, on No. 9, from Mommy, Denzell, Kyle, Mamaw and Papaw.
• the Rev. Clem Davis, from all your parishioners at St. Bartholomew Catholic Parish.
• Pauline McNealey, on No. 100, and Hazel Smith, from all their friends at Fairington Apartments.
• Ryan Hamilton, Dan Harker and Cory O’Brien, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Janet Thayer.
• Missy Dempsey.
• Kayden Brock.
• Connie Scott, from Mark, Allison, Matthew, Jordan, Kaye, Judy, Luna and Emma.
• Kay Bronnert from Ron and Sara.
• Stacy Sweeney from Judith Cutsinger.
Belated Wishes to …
• Sonja Jaggers.
• Matt Marlin and Jarad Sweet, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Griff Roth.
• Everett Sims.
• Leane Lemaster.
• Melanie Stone.
• Ravena Frazier-Bey.
Happy Anniversary to …
• John and Marilyn Rondot, from your family and friends.
• Billy and Diana Bowker from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Sheila and Michael Mullenix, on No. 40, from the St. Louis Crossing Baptist Church.
Belated Wishes to …
• Evan and Janet Clouse and John and Amber Ross, from friends at the Moravian Church.