Orchids to …
• the caring folks who came to make sure I was OK after I fell off my bike Tuesday evening at 25th Street and Home Avenue.
• Flintwood Wesleyan Church for hosting the senior adult ministry on Thursday.
• Adam, the pharmacist at Kroger, for being so extremely kind in dealing with older people.
• Tim Coriden, Jake Fedor, Kim DeClue and Tre Bicchieri for organizing and hosting the awesome event for Xavier incoming students, current students and alumni.
• Barb Hackman, who was elected to serve all the people.
• Ron and his Elks brothers and sisters for a great Elks children’s fundraiser golf tournament, from Tom Pennock.
Onions to …
• the people on West County Road 300S who constantly mow deep piles of wet grass and debris into the road, covering both lanes and creating an unsafe condition as well as trashing every vehicle that has to drive through it.
• The Republic for repeatedly publishing articles that bash the Republican presidential nominee over the Democratic nominee.
• anyone who thinks teachers should not be accountable for our children’s education.
• those responsible for the traffic signals downtown that need to be updated, and the signals around Columbus that should have turn arrows but don’t.
• the candidate who is promising to raise taxes on small businesses, which will result in even more of our little ones closing their doors.
• any gas station that makes you go inside to get a receipt instead of printing it at the pump like most stations.
Happy Birthday to …
• Shawn Tomlinson.
• Doug Condon, from Diane, Courtney, Jalen, Sarah, Brandy, Makayla, Taryn and all your family.
• Kayla Coombs and Melissa Stam, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Alexandria Marie Whittington.
• Scott Schutte, from Aunt Elsie.
• Andy Norman.
• Shawn Thayer.
• Sarah Towsley.
• Terrill Paradise, from Bill Burton.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Shawn and Vicky Miller on No. 22, from Mom and the Kirbys.
• Neil and Ruth Coy, on No. 70.