Orchids to …
• Ferrel and Linda for the great care you gave, giving me CPR at Mark Pi’s, from Susie.
• Schneck Medical Center staff Leslie and Makenzie in patient financial services for helping me, from a grateful patient, A.R. Green.
• our children and families, good friends the Ritzes and all who helped us celebrate our 60th anniversary with a surprise party, from Eugene and Carolyn Barringer.
• Dr. Chris Schneider and staff at Columbus Regional Hospital ER for taking such good care of my sister, from Bev Taylor.
• Susan and Mike Dorenbusch, Diana and Tony Gambaiani, Julie and Chip Orben, Ro and Shorty Whittington and April and Troy Williams for agreeing to participate in this year’s Not-So-Newlywed game Oct. 6.
Onions to …
• the woman in a local organization who hates her own race.
• board members who use association dues to mow the state-owned median so developers can sell more houses.
• the dysfunctional elected officials who have exhibited a complete lack of vision and common sense.
• those who don’t realize the marathon costs the city a lot of money as well as lost productivity from traffic blockades.
• people who don’t realize middle-aged women can knowingly pass counterfeit money and police need to be notified in all instances.
• the local business owner who babies her employees and needs to learn how to talk to them.
• the fellow employee who literally cries at the drop of dime and runs to the boss.
• the city for not having a turn arrow from Whitfield Drive onto 10th Street so drivers know who has the right of way.
• the fast-food restaurant that can’t get a simple, two-item order right and doesn’t understand the word “plain.”
• the local coach who plays mind games rather than coaching and teaching responsibility.
• the local company’s van driver who almost caused an accident by pulling out in front of me Thursday morning on U.S. 31 when there was no traffic behind me, then turned into the very next drive.
• the city for not having a route planned for the new store when they’ve had over a year to make plans for it.
• the political candidate who continues to demonize undocumented immigrants while the immigration history of his wife remains in question.
• the person who can’t call his spouse his wife but refers to her as his partner, leaving a person to wonder who he really is talking about.
• people who worry more about chairs than they do the direction of our country.
• the city for repaving Taylor Road at 25th Street when it was just repaved a couple of years ago.
Happy Birthday to …
• Bryant Howard, from your family and Donna.
• Lana Johns, from your family and Donna.
• Emery Mize, from Great-grandpa and Grandma Mize and family.
• Jaden Ford, love Nana Janice.
• Ed Misner, from Shirley and all your family and friends.
• Kay Rouse, from Browns Corner Chapel Church.
• Jane Kirk, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Gunner Busby, from your family.
• Jack Allman from your family and friends.
• Kelly Cain from Mom and Chris.
• Janet Ketron and Christine Huffman from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Bryce Love.
• Kevin Jessee.
• Garrett Hoover.
Belated Wishes to …
• Terry Pettit, from Alan, Missy, Lily and Sandy.
• Donna Wells, from Cheryl.
• Curtis Huff, from your family.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Don and Lorraine Gates, from your family.
• Kevin and Angie Brown, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Dennis and Linda Herron, from friends at the Moravian Church.