Orchids to …
• Virgie at Walmart on Jonathan Moore Pike, who went over and above any greeter we ever met as she helped us locate daisy mums.
• Larry S. Fisher for being the 2016 Rural Service Award winner.
• Angie and the staff of the Bob Poynter service department for their excellent customer service.
• Linda Jackson for the goodie bags at our 56th anniversary lunch, from your FGC club members.
• all the people who called and prayed for me Wednesday night, from John Tinkey.
• the Rev. Glenn Poynter for the awesome services at Lowell General Baptist Church.
• David and Wilma Leonard for their volunteer work at Lowell General Baptist Church.
• Columbus City Utilities employees for coming to Everroad Park West at 8 p.m. Wednesday and solving our dark-brown water problem.
• Columbus Lanes, from your neighbors.
• the neighbors who removed the abandoned car.
• everyone in the community who helped pack 209,952 meals for Feed My Starving Children at Asbury United Methodist Church.
• Jean Marr Wilkins for sharing her birthday cake with friends.
• Carol Hoppus for arranging the Retired Healthcare Providers fall luncheon at Simmons Winery on Wednesday and to Jane Grott for the transportation.
• the two women who helped pick me up after I fell in my yard, from Denver Huff.
• two patient and helpful women at the post office, from a satisfied customer.
Onions to …
• those who do not stand for the national anthem, regardless of their reason.
• the local newspaper that can even make your online paper late.
• tailgaters and reckless drivers on County Road 550N.
• spending taxpayer dollars for protecting people who don’t know how to cross a street.
• drivers who have devolved from sliding through a yellow light turning red to running a red light one to two seconds after it has changed to red.
• the council member who should remember everyone has his own opinion.
• the man who calls his 70-year-old wife a girl.
• the white Jeep that flew past me on a double yellow line on Nortonburg Road on Thursday afternoon.
• the elementary school that ran out of Indiana Bicentennial birthday cake and all some got was a cookie.
• all the people who think the national candidate is not a traitor because of the tightness with Putin and putting down our generals.
• the church pastor who misses more Sundays than he’s present at church.
• the motorcyclist on 25th Street for texting and driving Friday morning.
Happy Birthday to …
• Karen Hudson, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Mark Smith, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Martha Smock, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Tootsie Stephens, from your family and Donna.
• Evan Zook, from your family and Donna.
• Brenda Hill, from Keith, Kevin, Justin, Pam, Kenny, Cheryl, Debi, Tim, Joe, Heather, Mikayla and Beth.
• Chris Nolting, from Mom, Jackson, Sammi and Sadie.
• Martha Smock, from Jean Patrick.
• Tanna Combs and Sam Allison from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Tab Herron
• David Carman
• Brenda Hill, from Pam, Cheryl, Deb, Tim, Terry, Keith, Kevin and Austin.
Belated Wishes to …
• Dennis England, from Columbus Salvation Army.
• Wilda Beshear, on No. 95, from your friends at garden club.
• Jean Marr Wilkins from Democrat friends.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Gary and Susie Dodd and Aaron and Cori Thayer, from friends at the Moravian Church.