Orchids to …
• Jane Sullivan for opening the beautiful Garden of Grace Gift Shop on 23rd and Cottage.
• Pastor Monte Stetler, a good neighbor who repaired my gutter.
• the women at Garland Brook for all your kindness and generosity.
• Laura Lasell, Felicia and Anne at Doctors Park Family Medicine for always being so kind and caring to my mother, from Betty.
• Barb Johnson for a well-deserved honor and for being a blessing to the Hope community, from Pat May.
• my daughter and her family for inviting me for dinner so often as it is greatly appreciated, from a grateful mom.
• Online Construction for doing a great job on our project.
Onions to …
• people who still complain about the marathon and have not moved on.
• a society that has become so oversensitive it can’t handle how real men used to talk privately with other men.
• the co-worker who comes to work and stays on Facebook for the first hour just because the manager isn’t there.
• people who think it is normal or acceptable to speak about women in a lewd manner or to brag about sexual harassment or assault.
• all the people who drive around with expired license plates.
• parents of football-playing children who get hurt and blame the referees or program directors when they should sign their children up to play soccer.
Happy Birthday to …
• Wilma Houshour, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Charly Kleinhenz, from Mrs. Erickson.
• Jerry Denton from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Jenna Boewe, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Lori Robertson.
• Tyler Knotts.
• Rosemary Long.
• Helaine Archer.
• Riley Repp.
• Payton Nunemaker, from Kim, Randy and Sarah.
• Jenna Boewe on No. 13, from Mom, Dad and Brendan.
• Bryan K. Hawley, from your mother, Frank and family.
• Carol Gleason, from Velma, Debbie, Rosemary, Kathy and Brenda.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Ken and Michele Seim, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Pastor Mike and Jill Newlin, from Dove Ministries.