• Nov. 18
Orchids to …
• Jeremy at William Brothers for his honesty and concern for the well being of a customer.
• the Notables who volunteered at the Philharmonic concert last night.
• Amazing Joe’s for the great meal you served the veterans on Veterans Day.
• the lady in the black Ford who paid for my breakfast at the drive-thru Tuesday morning.
• Bartholomew County Information Technology Department and Sharp Business Solutions for the wonderful Starbucks coffee, from the Bartholomew County clerk’s office.
• the four women from MainSource Bank West who gave their time to help with sorting at Orphan Grain Train.
• Kristi, Michelle, Heather and the emergency department staff at Columbus Regional Hospital for their dedicated time and professionalism in helping to alleviate a painful condition, from one relieved patient.
• Cathy Cook at Dunn & Associates for being so kind and compassionate and a great employee, from Lisa Lovins.
• Bartholomew County Public Library for having my dad’s name on the wall of veterans, from a grateful son.
• Bartholomew County Public Library for the Veterans Tree and for letting me put names on it of family and friends that have served our country.
• Parkside school teachers and students for the awesome program for veterans last Friday, from Tom and Di Mitchell and Bert.
• Mr. and Mrs. Ballard on Central Avenue for their beautiful Christmas decorations.
Onions to …
• the medical office that takes poor care of its aquarium.
• the city that claims to be bike friendly yet doesn’t include bike lanes when redesigning and rebuilding a downtown street.
• the area tour that did not include Mike Pence as one of the notable people from our community.
• people who voted for Donald Trump.
• whoever stole the trailer from in front of our house.
• owners of the small black male dog running loose for two days in the area between 17th and 25th streets and won’t rescue him.
• anyone who thinks Mike Pence should be in the Festival of Lights Parade as it would be a security nightmare.
• the current U.S. administration for the worst eight years this country has ever been through.
• people who arrive at a pitch-in two hours before it’s supposed to start and help themselves to everything they want even though they didn’t bring anything.
• family members who do not do their share of helping out.
• the high school teacher who is encouraging teenagers to protest the election.
• The Republic for using color over text that makes it difficult to read the words.
Happy Birthday to …
• Steve Elmerick, from your family and Donna.
• Sheryl Chatham, from your family and Donna.
• Jerry Sharp, from your family and Donna.
• Mike Hageman, from your family and Donna.
• Carter Anliker, on No. 6, from your family.
• Dustin Pruden, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Betty Bush, from Clifford Order of the Eastern Star
• Don Harris.
• William Stewart.
• Zachary Burke.
• Todd Boilanger.
• Carter Anliker, from family.
• Paul Zeigler.
Belated Wishes to …
• Steve Kessler from Gordon and Barb Schnadinger, Jenny, your kids, grandchildren, family and friends.
• Dane Whitlock, on Nov. 17, from Dick and Betty.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Kennith and Vera Merideth, from son Mark.