Orchids to …
• George Uppling for speaking the truth.
• people who keep their yard clean, even on Thanksgiving.
• Tom and Dana Hobbs for the great fajita cookout Sunday and the apple pie, from Roger, Gloria and all the people who attended.
• Columbus City Band for their wonderful concert, “Songs of the Seasons,” on Sunday.
• Jeff at The Republic for being such a nice person.
• Kramer’s Restaurant for the wonderful service and food, from the Lucas family.
• the honest and wonderful person who found my purse at Walmart and returned it to customer service.
• the wonderful lady on 25th Street who found my lost dog.
• Dr. Russell, Dr. Hart and their teams at Columbus Regional Hospital for the skilled heart surgery and the care I received from the dedicated nurses who saved and extended my life, from Daisy Quillen.
Onions to …
• house guests who leave unwanted and unwelcome “gifts.”
• people who think that the Electoral College gives every vote a voice, when in fact it gives the minority a greater voice than the majority.
• people using the customer parking area for long-term parking everyday.
• the person who reviewed the orchestra’s concert for adding political commentary at the beginning and end of the review.
• people who don’t understand a grant coming from the U.S. Department of Treasury is taxpayer money.
• those who don’t realize state and federal grant money is often funded by taxpayers.
• the church that sold my gift of a hand-embroidered Lord’s Prayer.
• stores that will accept donated items for resale and then charge exorbitant prices when they are broken.
• the snobby, nosy neighbors who are not doctors and do not know who the disabled are.
• person who left four quarters for a tip on a $76 check.
Happy Birthday to …
• Sourish Sarkar, from your family, co-workers and Donna.
• Rex Bolton, from your family.
• Noah Estes, from Pastor Lewis Burton and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Lulu Yang, from Mrs. Erickson.
• Jill Harker and Isabella Kilps, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Abram Carman.
• Nellie Meek.
• Martha Newsom.
• Mary Drystead.
• Donnie Griffin, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Jennifer McKinsey, from family and all the animals.
• Jerry Grinstead, from Martha, Carmen, Ryan and Hilary.
• Belated Birthday to …
• Norma Carson, from Elsie.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Steve and Jenny Wallabe, from friends at the Moravian Church.