• Dec. 9
Orchids to …
• Burnsville Christian Church for hosting the South Central Indiana Men’s Fellowship and for an awesome cornbread and bean supper.
• Julie Malson and Suzanne Jowers of Columbus Housing Authority for looking out for their clients this winter.
• Alvin Balmer for his kindness on Tuesday night for driving the New Hope Christian Church van to the South Central Indiana Men’s Fellowship.
• the garden club that decorated the walkway between the parking garage and Washington Street with beautiful flowers all summer and now Christmas trees.
• Len at Excel Auto Glass who helped me get home in the rain a couple of days ago, from Cyclin’ Bill.
• the Columbus East football team, especially coach Gaddis, from a proud grandparent.
• the wonderful Terrace Lake Church volunteers and all the other great volunteers who helped us Dec. 3 at Turning Point.
• the manager at Crew Car Wash and Kimmer at Kroger, for your kindness and compassion.
• John Krull for a well-written column about the president-elect.
Onions to …
• the person that hides behind a mental illness as an excuse to purposely break rules.
• people in the office who always find a reason to complain.
• people too lazy to put shopping carts in their proper place, causing other people to have to move them in order to park.
• the Social Security system that gave a small raise then took it back to what people already made.
Happy Birthday to …
• Debbie Black Divan, from your family and Donna.
• Masahiro Sato, from your family, co-workers and Donna.
• Ray Jackson
• John Stephens Jr.
• Keith Hill, from Aunt Debi.
• Kay Burton, from your family.
Belated Wishes to …
• David Ray, from Kimberly.