Orchids to …
• volunteers who helped place wreaths on veterans’ graves Dec. 10, from American Legion Post 24.
• all the supporters, volunteers, officers and members of the Legion and SAL for their support with the annual wreath event for Columbus.
• Mayor Lienhoop and his administration for their positive manner in working with the community and other cities — building solutions toward long-discussed challenges.
• the downtown merchants and the city in working together to make downtown the most beautiful it has looked in years.
• the firemen at the Columbus Firemen’s Cheer Fund delivery event who helped my family, friends and I through a difficult time.
• Tim and Landon for their gift, from Lincoln-Central Neighborhood Family Center.
• to the amazing Bryce Minor, Billy Bishop and Michelle Ziegler over at Dunlap General and Mechanical Contractors for donating of their time and talents to service four home units of the Love Chapel apartments, from United Way of Bartholomew County.
• the city and downtown merchants for the exceptional daytime and nighttime decorations.
• Jim Lucas on Lafayette Street for the wonderful Christmas party for his family and friends.
• the nice young lady working at Long John Silver’s Sunday evening.
• John Vanderbur for his letter to the editor, from another of the silent majority.
• Columbus Optical for its kindness and quick service, from a satisfied customer.
• all the people who helped my granddaughter’s husband when he was in a bad wreck in Missouri.
• the Ogilville Church for the great hospitality and the dinner once a month, from some grateful ladies in the trailer park.
• all the people who helped distribute the clothes Saturday.
• the Cox Family Singers for a wonderful Christmas program Saturday night.
• the Christmas carolers from the Methodist Church as it lifted our spirits, from Bill and Shirley.
Onions to …
• a certain someone for disappointing young children by not being at the special house during the scheduled and posted times on Saturday.
• people who video school programs with their large cell phones keeping others from seeing their children or grandchildren, from an aggravated grandmother.
• the elected official who did not know about the depth of the rampant drug problem in Columbus.
• the local funeral home that gave away our family member’s memorial Christmas ornament to another family member, not the next of kin.
• the uninformed letter writer who thinks he’s part of the silent majority.
• all the complainers who should be thankful God has given you another day and be kind to one another not only at Christmas time but all the time.
• those who kneel in disrespect of the national anthem, the flag of the United States of America and the veterans who have sacrificed to make their freedoms possible.
• the asphalt company who paved two roads off of U.S. 31 North and made the intersection of 31 and Washington Street very rough.
• all the drivers who park in the shopping centers under the no parking fire lanes and sit there even when they are not picking someone up.
Happy Birthday to …
• Kayla Baker, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Maria Luisa Oliverio, from Jerry and Maryann.
• Tommi Stowers, on No. 19, from Mom, Dad, Katie, Lily, April, Chris, Braelynn and Grandma.
• Wayne Lee, from New Vision Community Church family.
• Cody Fleetwood, from Emily Zoe, family and friends.
• Monte Gilliland, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Abduliah Frazier-Bey.
• Vickie Tedder.
• Shelbie Hollman.
Happy belated Birthday to …
• Hunter, from Mommy, Daddy, Colton, Dakota Lynn and Mammaw Betty Burton.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Max Perdue, my wonderful husband, from Janet.
• Herb and Marjie Lou Boilanger.