Orchids to …
• Bob Perdue for fixing my gas stove Sunday, from Linda Mitchell.
• Nancy Banta for her dedication and hard work shown during the “Christmas at Simmons School” program.
• all Hope Elementary students, staff and volunteers who helped make “Christmas at Simmons School” a success, from Barb Johnson.
• Jim Tedder and his crew who worked out details for set-up and tear-down for “Christmas at Simmons School,” from Barb Johnson.
• the inspiring architects and designers who competed in the Exhibit Columbus Miller Prize competition.
• Adam at the Kroger Pharmacy for being so helpful and professional with a prescription issue.
• Bill and Barbara Carr for providing transportation Saturday to a disabled person.
• Columbus Alliance Church for an awesome program and dinner Saturday at Otter Creek Golf Course.
• the good Samaritan at the west side Walmart for paying for the children’s Christmas, from a grateful family.
• carolers from the St. Louis Crossing Independent Methodist Church for a beautiful job.
• Pat at JoAnn Fabrics for the help with my bobbin, from Ginger Bloom.
• Marquitatuck for all the nice things you have done for me, from Rick.
• Jane Seelig and Marquitatuck for taking me to see the Colts play Sunday, from Rick.
• fourth-grade classes at Parkside for being such good art-smart listeners, from Mrs. Gilbert.
• Dr. Hart, nurse Dawn and the rest of the nurses and staff at intensive care unit at Columbus Regional Hospital, from Roger Keller.
• the beautiful Christmas lights on the trees downtown, from C.W.
• Steinmetz Pediatric Dentists for always being amazing to work with.
• carolers from Hope Moravian Church for the beautiful music.
• family that paid for my dinner Monday night at Amazing Joe’s.
Onions to …
• three ladies who came to the open house to scout out their completion and then were rude to the employees.
• the city for classless Christmas decorations downtown.
• whoever is responsible for all the street lights burned out in the parking lot at Taylor Road and 25th Street.
• the administration that has kicked the can down the road for an entire year.
• the store that makes fruit baskets, but does not include a single banana.
Happy Birthday to …
• Sandra Burton and Toshia Burton, from Pastor Lewis Burton and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Susan Kloss, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Erin Sullivan.
Happy belated Birthday to …
• Carletta White, from Mark, Mom, Barry, Jess, Nakia, Isabel, Dawson and Emmett.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Dick and Carol Gardner.
• Arthur and Rosie Poynter, on No. 62, with much love from Mom and Dad.