TAYLORSVILLE, Ind. — A Taylorsville woman escaped a house fire this morning and both of the family’s pets were rescued.

German Township Volunteer Fire Department was called to 1260 Pearl St. at 8:26 a.m. and found the kitchen engulfed in flames. The home is owned by Wade and Margaret Goodin, who live there with their granddaughter Whitney Goodin.

Margaret Goodin was the only one home when the fire started and she escaped without injury through a bedroom window. A dog and cat were rescued from the home by firefighters.

For more on this story, please read Thursday’s Republic.

Author photo
Kirk Johannesen is assistant managing editor of The Republic. He can be reached at johannesen@therepublic.com or (812) 379-5639.