Orchids to …
• Bush’s Market for the best sausage ever and to Dana Stickans for making it possible for me to enjoy their sausage in Florida, from Mom.
• Milo Smith, for all your hard work in making sure our Columbus North band is representing Columbus at the presidential inauguration, from Linda and Larry Critzer.
• Columbus North Band members and their parents for inspiring pride in the community with their trip to the inauguration.
• Auto Diagnostics for their skilled technicians’ help in fixing my Jeep.
• Overhead Door and the gentleman who helped get my remote fixed.
• Shawna, a tech worker at Kroger Pharmacy, from the Fairington Court residents she has helped so much.
Onions to …
• Columbus for being too concerned about architecture, and having poor customer service at its post office.
• people who don’t realize that sidewalks are for people and not for cars.
• the fast-food restaurant on Jonathan Moore Pike for selling me an inedible salad at lunch.
• the crazy and dangerous piecemeal widening of Carr Hill Road and the lack of impact fees for developers.
• the city for not adequately planning for train traffic back when the Front Door project was designed years ago.
• people who sit around looking for stuff to gripe about when they should mind their own business.
• the local doctor’s office that shuts its phone off half an hour before office hours end.
• drivers who make others breathe diesel fuel fumes because they don’t follow pump rules at the gas station.
Happy Birthday to …
• Ethan Davis, from Mom, Dad, Katie, Sam and the rest of your family.
• Julie Hoene, from Joe and Kay.
• Hetty Bateman, from your family, Sarah and Donna.
• Ethan Davis, from Pat, Mike and family.
• Zaida Rivera, from Aunt Carla.
• Shirley Elgar, from Margaret and the girls.
Belated wishes to …
• Mike Debaun and Mike Ketron, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Jamie Sneed.
• Brooke McKinney.
• Michael Dean.
• Jonas Fleenor.
• Jane Sturgin.