Orchids to …
• Hunter and Will at Noble Roman’s for the superior service and amazingly fresh food, from Cindy and family.
• the gentleman in the white Mercedes ahead of me in the Steak ‘n Shake drive-thru for paying for my milkshake Thursday afternoon.
• all the volunteers who donated food as well as their time.
• Dale Nowlin for explaining how vouchers lack value for improving education and saving taxpayer money.
• Terri Oliver of Kindred Transitional Care for her patience and advice on Friday, from Barbara.
• the Columbus Police and Bartholomew County Sheriff’s departments for the arrest that led to the recovery of my stolen items.
• Terri Murphy of Flintwood Wesleyan Church for her gift on Thursday, which was appreciated by the ladies and gentlemen.
• Gary Cheek for delivering an article.
Onions to …
• the public servants saying it will take years for alcohol sale reform while ignoring what neighbor states have done.
• those for putting a rumble strip on State Road 9 instead of using the money on some other road projects.
• those who turn to drugs instead of toughening up and facing their problems because they become a burden on the entire community.
• people trying to sell Columbus as a friendly town when it is clearly the most unfriendly, unwelcoming, inhospitable town I have ever been in.
• school corporations that waste time on an already-existing phone policy when there aren’t enough bus drivers to drive all the buses every day.
• those who support statistic gathering, which allows unverified, anonymous calls reporting on racial bias or hate crime.
Happy Birthday to …
• Chris Ligon, from your co-workers and Donna.
• Marty Hirons, from your family and Donna.
• Buck Bean, from your family and Donna.
• Sue Bailey, from your family and Donna.
• Bill Trimpe, from your family and Donna.
• Billy Joe Burton and Cindy Burton, from Pastor Lewis Burton and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Glen Keller, Natalie Berkenstock, Evan Clouse, Jodi Zollman and Michael Turner, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Ashley Riggin.
• Mike Ross.
• Wade Hooten, from Mom.
Happy Birthday to …
• Olivia Middendorf, from Elsie.
• John Holwager, from your family and friends.
• Susan Gobert, from Jean Patrick.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Ron and Rosie Trotter, from friends at the Moravian Church.