A Great Decisions Series of lectures is planned through May, hosted by the Academy of Lifelong Learning at the Pitman Institute, Mill Race Center and IUPUC.
The series includes lectures that focus on global affairs and foreign policy and encourages group discussion about current events. The primary purpose of the series is to inform citizens on current issues relating to American foreign policy.
Cost for the series, including an accompanying book, is $25 for members of Mill Race Center and $35 for nonmembers. The lectures are at 6:30 to 8 p.m. at Mill Race Center, 900 Lindsey St.
The following lectures are coming up:
- April 27: “Saudi Arabia in Transition,” speaker Hanna Omar, JP Morgan commercial banking services.
- May 4: “The Truth about Trade, Jobs and politics,” speaker Greg Knudsen, IUPUC director of Center for Business and Economic Development.
- May 11: “U.S. Foreign Policy and Petroleum,” speaker A.J. Amini, IUPUC academic adviser and adjunct instructor.
- May 18: “China and U.S. in the South China Sea,” speaker Yu-long Ling, professor emeriti, Franklin College.
- May 25: “Nuclear security,” speaker to be determined.