Orchids to …
• all of the local companies, organizations and groups that participated in National Denim Day 2017 in support of Turning Point’s efforts to raise awareness around the issues of sexual violence.
• First Church of the Nazarene for a fantastic evening on Tuesday.
• the person feeding the geese at the lake on Indianapolis Road.
• the Eagle Group for its beautiful embroidery and excellent customer satisfaction.
• George Uppling for being an excellent friend.
• Albany Speer for making the honor roll at Northside Middle School.
• Troy at AT&T for the great customer service, from a satisfied customer.
Onions to …
• people who don’t appreciate a good, lighthearted prank.
• anyone who thinks that golf weekends should actually count as part of the first 100 days of a political term.
• people who take an anonymous Onion and declare it harassment.
• people going the wrong way when they are mowing and blowing grass all over the streets and sidewalks.
• the driver in the two-tone Chevy truck at Lowell Road and U.S. 31 who was in such a hurry that he decided to pull out in front of oncoming traffic.
• the city that passes well-needed rules for parking boats, campers and trailers on city streets, but does not enforce these rules.
• The Republic for not commending retiring firefighters.
Happy Birthday to …
• Trina Hanner, from your family and Donna.
• Cathy Schroer, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Drew Runion, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Tiffany Peterman, from Grandma Hege.
• Joe Land.
• James Crull.
• Rylan Smith, from Grandma and Chris.
• Marvin Brown, from Trinity Baptist Church.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Marvin and Brenda Brown, from Trinity Baptist Church.
• Jeff and Jennifer, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.