Orchids to …
• Mt. Healthy Book Buddies volunteers for a wonderful and successful school year, from Patra Jones.
• Steve Franklin for always coming to fix my mower, from Linda.
• Makayla Woodcock for being such a kind-hearted, beautiful and decent young woman.
• Theodora Saddoris for the straightforward and clear opinion column on addiction.
• Allison Turner for graduating from Indiana University, from Mom, Dad, Sis and Riley.
• Eddie at Lowe’s for helping us with our refrigerator problem, from the Perrys.
• Lily Retz for the Reggie Miller cards, from Grandma.
• lawmakers and the governor for stopping the sale of cold beer at convenience stores.
• the leaders of the 52nd First United Methodist Church smorgasbord, Lee and Jewell Arthur, and Jim and Marsha Sons, from Linda.
• all the wonderful people for helping me get up when I fell at the Columbus airport.
Onions to …
• people who don’t say “please” and “thank you” anymore.
• whoever is responsible for continuously mailing out the phone books because we have already received three this year.
• the people who walk and drive up and down Midway Street throwing their trash and cigarette butts in our yards.
• those who don’t realize that alternative facts can be found in any eight-year period, as well as shorter ones such as four and even two.
• moody Christian people.
• doctors who keep you coming back every six months although they tell you they can’t really find anything wrong.
• housekeeping supervisors who make their employees take a point if they want to go on vacation and for making them work their days off after they return from vacation.
Happy Birthday to …
• Evan Wheeler, from your family and Donna.
• Irma Glick, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Donna Condon, from Dad, Mom, Scott, Debbie, Doug, Diane, Cindy, Jarod and all your nieces and nephews.
• Katelynn Mabis, from Mrs. Erickson.
• Kathy Clouse, Gary Dodd and Tony Kaiser, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Tracy Wallace.
• Dave Irvine.
• Brenda Dillingham, from your sister, Ava, and Carey, Brad, Riley, Macy and Reid.
• Kirsten Gross.
• Zachary Miller.
• Imogene Butler, from friends at Home Ec.
• John W. Parker.
• Sandy Caldwell.
Happy Birthday to …
• Norma Berlein and Levi England, from Dove Ministries.
• Bob Priddy.