Orchids to …
• Bryce Trotter, Mark McDonald and Ethan Kissinger for the volunteer work they did for Horizon House.
• the kind, honest person who found my ATM card in the machine on Taylor Road last week and made the effort to return it, from R.J.W.
• Peggy at Sterling Garage Doors for always being so nice and helpful.
• the elderly couple at Hilton Garden Inn in Edinburgh who paid for dinner for the three prom couples on Saturday night.
• to whoever paid for the meals of the veterans in uniform at the Columbus Pump House the other day.
• Dawson and Brian Payne for being great neighbors and helping me finish the work on my yard.
• Smith Elementary PTO and Lyndsey Burton for the awesome “Best Staff in the World” Teacher Appreciation Week celebrations.
• Medora Christian Church for a tremendous men’s fellowship Monday night.
• all the pretty goldenrods that are blooming around town
• the couple who loaned me 75 cents at Kroger.
• Columbus Police Department, Columbus Fire Department and paramedics whose quick response saved the lives of the couple who ran into my home.
• Maureen Pope for inviting me to the wonderful women’s luncheon at your church, from your daughter-in-law, Heather.
• the veterinarians and technicians at Columbus Animal Hospital for the wonderful care of our kitties while we were gone, from J.A.
Onions to …
• people who don’t realize that most places are open on Sunday.
• the city for approving another Mexican restaurant when we already have several to choose from.
• the high school that charged $5 per person to attend a track meet instead of honoring the special-needs athletes and their families with free admission.
• the person who gets special treatment in the church newsletter.
• the mean person who intentionally ran over the family of geese on Taylor Road.
Happy Birthday to …
• Carolynn DePaul, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Aksana Vivek, from Mrs. Erickson.
• Barbara Everett, from Kris and Melissa Everett.
• Karen Loy, from Kathy, Trudy, David, Brook and Pastor Peggy.
• Adora Paetzel and John Reed, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Eric Allman.
• Rhett Whittington.
• Michelle Harker.
• Sandy Bense.
• Jennifer Mohr.
• Jeff Wright.
• Jodi Henderson.
• Tina Robertson, from your family.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Dave Munt, from your family and Donna.
• Leta Green, from the traveling gals, Donna and Joyce.
• Carol Bobb, from your family, Brenda and Donna.
• Princeton Singh, from Grandpa, Mom and Dad.