Orchids to …
• Columbus Regional Hospital sixth floor nurses and assistants and Dr. Youlo for excellent care during my weekend stay.
• Mayor Lienhoop and the city council for bringing a new $20 million investment and jobs to Columbus, from a grateful resident.
• Marvin Truex.
• Kenneth Fudge for his letter to the editor speaking out about City Hall.
• American Legion Post No. 24 for an amazing fish fry last Friday in support of Turning Point Domestic Violence Services.
• Russell Poling Sr. for expressing so clearly feelings what some residents are feeling about the behavior of our elected officials, regardless of political affiliation.
• Theodora Saddoris for pointing out many obvious important factors that need to be considered in addressing the local addiction problems.
• Lee Hamilton for continuing to try to shine a light on our political climate.
• Columbus police officers and the mayor for attending Coffee with a Cop at Chick-fil-A.
• Mrs. Schwartz at St. Bartholomew Catholic School for photographing all the eighth-grade graduates, from a grateful grandmother.
• the crew at Frank Anderson Tire for airing up my tires.
• Tom Seal for doing all of the trimming and for cutting my front field, from Linda.
Onions to …
• people that think they are a professional photographer just because their phone has a camera.
• the animal critic for the insulting remark concerning people spending money on their pets, because if they can afford to care and pamper them it’s their money and their business.
• the person who thinks it’s bad to spend money on animals because that person also probably thinks the poor don’t deserve health benefits.
• those who say it was nobody’s fault concerning the weather sirens when clearly someone or something was at fault.
• those for the many road construction signs on U.S. 31 between Columbus and Seymour with no construction activity in progress.
Happy Birthday to …
• Allyson Loper, from Caleb, Holly, Darrin, Mom and Dad.
• Kara Major, from Marian.
• Adam Rooks, from your family and Donna.
• Yanice Munt, from your family and Donna.
• Marilyn Williams, from your family, Donna and Jan.
• Nancy Chandler, from your family and Donna.
• Mary Ann Davidson, from your family and Donna.
• Denisa Brooks, from your family.
• Lauren Bell and Nancy Chandler, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Lisa Epperson.
• Tom Mote.
• Rory Thayer.
• George McKinney, from Jean, Kim, Mark, Kathy, Karen, Anna, Joan, Wilma and Barb.
• Kim Showalter.
• Luann Stienker on No. 78, from all of her friends.
• Brandi, from Frankie and Trey.
• Reid Jordan, from Grandma and Grandpa Clark, Natalie and Mollie.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Stanley Ostick on No. 83.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Steve and Michelle Sweet, from friends at the Moravian Church.