Storm damage can be reported online

Homeowners, renters, businesses and nonprofit private organizations that had uninsured damage from severe storms and flooding that began on or after April 26 can report it online.

Information reported will be used to help emergency management agencies and the Indiana Department of Homeland Security with preliminary damage assessments to determine if federal assistance should be pursued.

A link to the reporting form is available by visiting the Indiana Department of Homeland Security at On that page, look under “featured topics” for “Report Damage from Severe Storms and Flooding — April 26 and continuing.”

Individuals who do not have internet at home can utilize online services available at many libraries, community centers or other public facilities.

If none of those options is available, individuals can contact their county emergency management agency to report damage. In Bartholomew County, that phone number is 812-379-1680.