Orchids to …
• Bob Campbell for the beautiful landscape design at the Bartholomew County Public Library.
• the man at register No. 15 in Walmart who paid for our entire order, from Pat Scroggins.
• the city crew for the fast and efficient cleanup of the extra trash on Rocky Ford Road.
• Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Columbus, Indiana, on the occasion of its 50th anniversary in Columbus, from the Iwamuro family.
• Parkside Baptist Church for a tremendous pitch-in dinner Wednesday night.
• the Rev. Bill Bailey for a wonderful sermon and Bible study Wednesday night.
• Barkes, Weaver & Glick for all your kindness and care during a difficult time, from the Walls family.
• everyone at The United Way Center for the love and respect you showed toward George Walls because it is much appreciated, from the Walls family.
• the Columbus City Council for possibly putting the concerns of residents ahead of developer profits.
• Ms. Heather, who drives bus 174, for being the most awesome driver, from Brooklyn.
• the teacher and all the fifth-graders from St. Peter’s Lutheran School for coming to Just Friends Adult Day Care because we loved having you.
• Jane at Hope Veterinary Clinic for the hug and kind words when our wonderful Alice passed away.
• Cheyenne at Bath & Body Works for the great customer service, from Christy.
• the Columbus Police Department for the help with the funeral procession.
Onions to …
• churches that neglect their sheep.
• the car that almost caused a rear-end collision by stopping rapidly so some geese could cross the road.
• people who think that symbolism over substance will solve the drug crisis.
Happy Birthday to …
• Clinton Rogers, from your family and Donna.
• Bill Rose Jr., from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Karen Nading and Joann Poffenberger, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Faith Elizabeth Titus.
• Ashton Shepherd.
• Mike Harris.
• Anita Emmert Burton.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Belinda Fields, from Calvin, Cheryl and Charlie.