Orchids to …
• The Rev. Marty Peters on the 50th anniversary of the priesthood, from parishioners at St. Bartholomew Catholic Parish.
• Cynthia Olson and grandsons, affiliated with Access-Ability, because you are a godsend, from the Rose family, Lilly, Steve, Venissa, Eric and Dawn.
• Dan Thomasson for his excellent, spot-on column Sunday about present day “intolerance of thought” on college campuses.
• Deborah at the Walmart pharmacy for showing me how to save $80 on my prescription using an online coupon, from a grateful customer.
• Sharon at Call-a-Bus for her help Friday morning, from a disabled person.
• Dr. Sheehan for being so kind when dealing with sensitive skin issues.
Onions to …
• people responsible for the “bike lanes to nowhere” that just end abruptly.
• the train operator who blew the horn nine times going through one crossing on Thursday morning.
• people who give local awards to those who don’t live in the area.
• the city paying to do a salary study because we clearly are not smart enough to make decisions on our own.
• anyone who believes America is being made great again.
• whoever decides what of our past is historical and what isn’t.
• people responsible for fixing a part of our emergency communications for over two months as we remember the 9-year anniversary of the flood here in Columbus.
• city leaders who spent millions on a couple of sidewalks, bricks and benches and then voted for a tax increase.
Happy Birthday to …
• Cecil Jackson, from Charles, Mary and Elsie.
• Luke Harker and Alysha Pitman, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Kassie Holt, from Bob, Jeri, Mom and Dad.
• Bobbi Gates, from David, Kaydence, Steven, Easton, Jenny, Stephanie, Jessica, Skyler, Mason and Ryder.
• Cleo Sparks.
• Luree Garrison, from your daughters, Lajuana, Linda and Luretta.
• Tommy Morrison, with love from Samantha, Richelle, Tommy and Keith Allen.
• Cecil “Deke” Jackson on No. 94, from all of his Rockcreek Township friends.
• Annie Kinderman, from Joey.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Dana Mahoney, from Granny.
• Chad, with love from his family.
• Wanda Jaggers, from your family and Donna.
• Brian Banister, from your family and Donna.
• Diana Wang, from Cummins Tax Department, your family, Lin and Donna.
• James Kim, from your co-workers and Donna.
• Arvella Gilpin, from your family, Melody and Donna.
• Jane Sullivan, from your family and Donna.
• Jim Kelly, from your family and Donna.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Evan and Stacy Huffman, from friends at the Moravian Church.