Orchids to …
• Chick-fil-A for outstanding catering service and for fulfilling a large last-second order when we ran out of food.
• the Indiana attorney general for his column in the newspaper regarding not legalizing marijuana.
• Dr. Bauer at Hope Veterinary Clinic for reassuring me regarding Harley in the early morning hours, from Carol.
• Alice Sechrest for her outstanding letter to the editor.
• Garden of Grace Gift Shop on Cottage Avenue for the unique and beautiful shop you have created and for your great customer service.
• Bob and Carolyn Trimpe for allowing us to visit our old homeplace because it was a very enjoyable time, from the Ping family.
• Doug and Bree at Bed Bath & Beyond for helping me to my car in the rain Wednesday, from Martha.
Onions to …
• the city for catering to less than 1 percent of the total population.
• managers at clubs who are unprofessional, openly disrespect fellow employees and have made my family uncomfortable.
• people who leave dirty diapers in parking lots.
• the speed racer in the black car who decided to plow through U.S. 31 and 25th Street, turning right in front of a bicyclist who had the green light to go straight.
• the city officials who think that more after-school programs will solve the drug problem.
• all the marijuana haters.
Happy Birthday to …
• Jason Major, from Marian.
• Brent Lee Bryant, Dillian Gentry and Billy Bryant, from the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Jarrett Turner, with love from your family.
• Shane Skinner on No. 10, with love from Mom, Dad, Shana, Shelby and Judy.
• Jessica Hartwell.
• Debbie Sims.
• Linda Galbraith.
• Runaca Guffey.
• Morgan Siener, from your friends and family.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Ron and Chris Weidman on No. 28, from your mom, Janet.
• Cathy Wheeler on No. 34, from your husband, Bill Wheeler.