Orchids to …
• Bartholomew County School Corporation superintendent for his leadership in addressing the needs of all students; we are fortunate to have him in our community.
• Taco Bell on 25th Street for donating enough Cinnamon Twists as snacks for more than 100 Vacation Bible school children at Columbus Free Methodist Church on Friday evening.
• Pastor Barb Tuttle, Regina McDonald, Cortney Galbraith and Wanda Lunsford for all of the work they did pulling together a wonderful week of Vacation Bible school at Columbus Free Methodist Church which the children absolutely loved.
• East Columbus United Methodist Church for a delicious men’s breakfast Saturday.
• Kathy Peters, Karen Clark and their volunteers for another awesome Vacation Bible School at St. Peter’s Lutheran Church.
• the city for the excellent landscape design and work at Central and State Street bridge.
• Mary Fields for informing Villa Apartment residents of the E. coli situation Friday.
• Mr. Lloyd Grimm, the most intelligent, brilliant, mind-expanding teacher I ever had in my entire life, from Kevin Thompson.
• Ken Fudge for his truthful letter to the editor regarding our mayor, this administration and their accountability.
• Nita Evans for her well-written article about the flood of 2008 in Saturday’s paper.
• our former mayor for alerting the people of Columbus about the E. coli in our water system.
• emergency room staff, Doctor L. D., Jordon, Stephanie, Willa and Dean, for your excellent care and professionalism during my visit for a migraine Friday, from Annie.
Happy Birthday to …
• Ann Arterburn, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Doris Ison, Eian Bryant and Owen Bryant, from the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Josie Vincent, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• John Ziegler, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Lilly Tuell.
• Levi Archer.
• Janet Bierlein, from your seatmates at St. Bartholomew Catholic Parish.
• Jalen Simmons, from Dad, Mom, Papaw, Mamaw and all your family.
• Bob Schlienz, from Sue.
• Dee Kuhn.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• John K. Burney.
• Brooklyn Allman.
• Sara Empson.
• Sara Dickey.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Todd and Michelle Fortini, from your family, Sheila and Donna.
• Jim and Diane Stafford, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Mark and Angie Tauer.
• Max and Becky Goecker, from Dad, Jeri, A.J., Emma, Kayla and the rest of your family.
Happy Belated Anniversary to …
• Stacee and Peggy Pedigo, from Marsha.
• ANOTHER beautiful morning