Orchids to …
• Max Henry for opening up his home to athletes who want to train for triathlons and open-water swimming races.
• Club Olympia Swim Team parents for their awesome energy, work ethic and enthusiasm.
• city officials for keeping the citizens of Columbus safe and informed during the potentially contaminated water situation.
• The Republic for the great opinion column June 18 by Ryan Cummins, citing Frédéric Bastiat on the use of the power of The State for evil due to stupid greed and false philanthropy.
• Sonya at the library for always being helpful and friendly.
• Columbus Free Methodist Church for its Father’s Day gifts.
• all mothers who breastfeed their babies when they are hungry, regardless of where they are.
• Lara Allman, Jackson Fox and Addison Allman for making the honor roll, from Pop and Mamaw Rennie.
• Tammy Miller for all you do at the workplace and for always having a great attitude.
• Johnny on the Spot for the wonderful job cleaning our carpets and loveseat.
Onions to …
• the person who didn’t understand the point of the Father’s Day article and is bitter because others can stay home with their children.
• city leaders who want a food and beverage tax to support sports tourism.
• people who chose to dine out during the boil advisory, then complained and threatened employees about the safety issues.
• the former elected official and followers for not realizing that residents no longer care what they think, so they should stop submitting self-serving Orchids and Onions.
• the trains that come through and wake people up in the middle of the night when they have to work the next morning.
• the city for hiring another consultant to figure out what to do with properties they don’t own.
• people who do not understand why you have a cut-off date for RSVPs.
• the lady pulling her baby behind her bicycle who disregarded the stop sign at Taylor Road and 25th Street.
Happy Birthday to …
• Terry Sweasy, from your family, Jan, Marilyn and Donna.
• Phyllis Johnson and Donnie Hadley, from the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Vince Gardiner.
• Linda Meyer, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Kevin Nading.
• Colin Newman.
• Stephanie Shoaf.
• Gregg Halstead.
• Joe Tatlock, from Jane, Quinton, Ethan and Taylor.
• Rob Brown, from Michelle.
• Noelle Richardson, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Sam and Angela Allison, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Tammy and Roger Keller on No. 34.