Orchids to …
• The Notables who work hard to set up each Philharmonic event, and especially Roger Brinkman, Mark Pillar, Jill Tasker and Doug Stender for your help at Thursday night’s Cabaret at the Commons.
• Smith & Syberg for sponsoring Krysta Rodriguez and Megan McGinnis at Cabaret at The Commons.
• Steve Hood for going out of your way to get my bicycle tires aired up, which saved the bike ride with my son.
• the person who turned in my credit card at Centra Credit Union on Johnathan Moore Pike.
• the American free press for all they do.
• Parkside Baptist Church for Vacation Bible School and the family night pitch-in, from a Parkside member.
• Kevin Fritts and his staff for making the Vacation Bible School a reality and a success, from a Parkside Baptist Church member.
• Tonya at Dorel for her generous help with a car seat, from a grateful grammy.
• Jerry Simo on receiving an award for getting 25 new members in Lions International.
• Big O Tires and Hampton Towing in Seymour for helping a stranded motorist in Jackson County with a flat tire.
• The Republic for redelivering a paper to an address on East 13th Street, as it was appreciated.
• Kathy Davis-Shanks and Charlotte Condon for all your help, from Esther.
• Dale Nowlin for receiving the Best Teacher Award at Columbus North High School.
• my Bob Poynter family for all your kindness, love Angie Rea.
Onions to …
• the restaurant where employees were using obscene language in front of customers Tuesday evening.
• local train officials who refuse to upgrade their train horns to quieter ones.
• the doctor who did not listen to all of the patient’s concerns and did not take things seriously.
• whoever felt the need to replace the stop sign posts in northeast Columbus and yet has the nerve to raise taxes.
Happy Birthday to …
• Bill Hitchcox, from your family and Donna.
• Keith Bode, from your family, Dianna Sue and Donna.
• Monte Bails, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Ronicca Guffey.
• Austin Mize.
• Michael Garrison.
• Aaron Carman.
• Cameron Foster.
• Debbie Sims.
• James Phillip Sturgeon.
• David Miller, from Mom and your family.
• Keith Bode, from Bob, Jeri, Rose and the rest of the family.
• Lily Turner, from your family.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Dale and Bev Burton, from the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Jim and Joyce Meyer, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Erick and Tiffany Peterman, from Grandma Hege.