Orchids to …
• St. Peter’s Lutheran Church for the heart-enlightening, awe-inspiring service and praying for our nation as one Sunday.
• the sheriff’s department, JNET, Indiana State Police, Columbus Police Department, Mayor Jim Leinhoop and Fred Barnett for helping the residents of California Street clean up their neighborhood.
• Andy, Craig and the Parkside Baptist Choir for the music Sunday morning.
• Rick and Jane Siefert for power washing my driveway and sidewalk, and for cutting some low hanging tree limbs, from a very grateful neighbor.
• Parkside Baptist Choir for a wonderful service Sunday morning.
• those celebrating with fireworks on and around and the holiday.
• the first responders for a job well done.
• Aleesa Dickerson, Hauser FFA Advisor, and Natalie Taylor, newly-elected reporter for state FFA team.
Onions to …
• those who do not respect women and their right to have their own views.
• those who do not want to allow cold beer carryout sales at convenience stores, which would make it easier for the public.
• people who move in beside railroad tracks, which were there first, and now don’t want to be bothered by trains.
• the city of Columbus which doesn’t realize people on a fixed income and drawing Social Security cannot afford the increase in bills to fund toys for the town.
• teammates who stab other teammates in the back.
• Columbus for wanting to spend millions of dollars on buildings, bridges and roads while a parent with children is homeless.
• people who don’t think that the United States is the best country in the world for Muslims to live in to be free to worship in the manner they wish.
• whoever designed the pretzel pattern at the 46/11 interchange.
• the law enforcement member who displays a tattered and torn flag at his house.
• the boy who ran the stoplight at Carr Hill and Terrace Lake roads Sunday morning and then had the gall to give me an obscene gesture.
• the county for allowing firecrackers two and three days before the Fourth of July and up until midnight.
• people who can’t wait until the Fourth of July to set off their fireworks.
Happy Birthday to …
• David Fink, from your family, co-workers and Donna.
• JoAnn Dolphin, from your family, Bernie and Donna.
• Tiger Xu, from your family and Donna.
• Deanna Norman Dickerson.
• Ryan Waltz.
• Lajuana Eldman, from your family.
• Casey Johnson, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Shawn McNealy, Alon Simmons, Darren Simmons and Anita Watkins, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Bali Roth.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Geoff and Katrina Smith, from Mom and Chris.
• Colene and Doyle Rich, from Ken, Sue and family.
• Doyle and Colene Rich on No. 64, from your family and friends.