Orchids to …
• John Tinkey for the coffee, from the Bartholomew County 4-H Fair Board.
• those who show their patriotism by standing when the national anthem plays.
• Mr. Fish for fixing our air conditioner last week on short notice.
• the training facility for the amazing sound of our freedom as a reminder to our peaceful Saturday morning.
• John and the crew at the Bike Co-op for their help.
• Donna at Beckemeyer Insurance for all helpfulness, from Jim Burnett.
• Talisa Eggers for being a great negotiator, from Dad.
• Steve and Mary Burns for the offer to use your lawn mowers, from Cheryl and Naomi.
• Officer Brian Kushman, who pulled his car to the corner of Brown and Third streets in the sudden torrential downpour, sparing me “a swim” to Mill Race Center.
Onions to …
• people who drag non-service dogs into restaurants as if they are entitled to do so.
• anyone who thinks it is a requirement to have to stand for the national anthem.
Happy Birthday to …
• Fran Carman, from your family and Donna.
• Judy Wingham, from your family and Donna.
• Reda Wickens, from your family and Donna.
• Hayden Michael States on No. 13, from Dad, Mom, Adyson, Uncle Dave, Aunt Sha-na-na, Ethyn, Emy and Grandma and Grandpa States.
• Buck Imlay, from your family.
• Torrie Wagner, from Mamaw McClintic, Tom, Dad, Aurora, Kaleigh, Bailey, Benny, Natasha, Tony, Jason, Aunt Laurel and Dan.
• Peggy Cash, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Karen Gilliland, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Amy Bailey.
• Melissa Everett.
• Tabatha Tedder.
• Jim Johnson.
• Randy Sims.
• Steve Bragg.
• Janice Walse.
• Herbert Boilanger.
• Chelsey Nelson.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Irvin Mays.
• Matthew Bruner.
• Catherine Biggs-Silver.
• Angie Chambers, from friends at the Moravian Church.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Don and Penny Gilham, from Carolyn.