Orchids to …
• Mike Munoz for lunch on Thursday, from Beth.
• Jeff Ping, Dustin Ping and Andy Dempsey with Viox Services for working out in this heat the past two weeks and doing a great job painting the business awning, from several bystanders.
• the boy who fed the bird when he came out of the farm store and smiled at me, from a senior citizen.
• the person who paid for my prescription at Kroger.
• Sandy Oliverio, Charlotte Condon and all the others at St. Bartholomew Church who help with shut-ins.
• the manager at Crew Car Wash for being so nice.
• my friends and neighbors for their kindness and caring after my recent surgery, and especially to my daughter, Robyn, and my sister, Esther, for coming to stay with me afterwards, from Roberta.
• Columbus Regional Health for making so many items from the Clarion Hotel available to area not-for-profit agencies that can put them to good use.
Onions to …
• people who unnecessarily hack a perfect oak tree during the incorrect time of the year, almost guaranteeing its demise.
• those who think the speed limit is 70 miles per hour on Goeller Boulevard.
• the company that laid off so many employees and now is spending millions on redecorating.
• local government for not working to keep retail stores here because we have many locations available.
• those supporting the Trump administration in the undermining of the Affordable Care Act, making it more difficult for people to sign up for insurance coverage.
• anyone who agrees with rejecting the new tax.
• the elite, self-absorbed group in Columbus who have to work so hard to not see what’s right in front of them.
Happy Birthday to …
• Dan O’Connor, from your family, co-workers and Donna.
• Vicki Bode, from Bob, Jeri, Carl and the rest of your family.
• Jimmy Baker, from the Felicijan and the Stifert families.
• Mike Crull and Brenda Simmons, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Jeff Sneed.
• Kaylee Fleenor.
• Brilynn Wesley Martin.
• Jimmy Baker, from your friends at Kroger and St. Bartholomew.
• Jay Palmer, from Mom and Mike.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Joann Kouts and Aaron Swinford, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Nikki Whittington.
• Chris Fleenor.
• Makala Rhoades.
• Allen Dillman.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Doug and Georgina Burker, from your family and Donna.
Happy Belated Anniversary to …
• Bill and Debbie Malone, from your family.