Orchids to …
• Janet and Roger Brinkman for your wonderful hospitality, from the Larsons.
• the concrete guys who repaired my front porch, from a satisfied customer.
• Mike Jordan for the sweet corn, from the Olmsteads.
• Mark Gorbett for recognizing that taxes are an investment in maintaining the community.
• Sharlena and Tina at Mutt-Tubs for spotting the rash on my dog, Hoosier, from Rita.
• Norm and Tammy Smith for an evening of music, food and fun, from J. D. and Betty.
• Rev. and Mrs. Jim Hudson for their kindness toward a disabled person.
• the Columbus Salvation Army for an excellent installation service and dinner.
• Sixth Street General Baptist Church for an awesome service Sunday afternoon.
• Mr. and Mrs. James Johnson for their hard work at the Salvation Army Columbus Corps.
• Envoy Amy Tompkins for her awesome sermon Sunday morning at the Salvation Army.
Onions to …
• the elected official who ignores problem employees.
• people who haven’t figured out yet that if businesses close faster than ones come to Columbus, we’re going to be in a lot of trouble.
• the businesses that never return your call when you leave a message, even though they promise to do so.
• elected officials for spending tens of thousands of dollars on consultants to determine that we need another revenue source.
• people who want to eliminate the Affordable Care Act because it subsidizes health care for the poor when Medicare and Medicaid do exactly the same thing.
• the two young people who were behaving inappropriately at the 50th anniversary party Saturday.
• people who neglect their children and animals in this terrible heat.
• the people on Harrison Lake South for shooting of fireworks on Sunday for 45 minutes until 10:30 p.m.
Happy Birthday to …
• Craig Moore, from your family and Donna.
• Mary Ann Taylor, from your family, co-workers and Donna.
• Rin Weddle, from Grandma Weddle.
• Bryce Bell, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Brandon Mize.
• Lauren Wilson.
• Leah Hamilton Couch.
• Mike Nading.
• Linda Bragg.
• Joan Wilcox, from Jean Patrick.
• Teigan Cox on No. 4, with love from Mommy, Daddy, Grandma, Jadynn and Kamryn.
• Diane Rooks, from Ray and the family.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Bob and Dena Schafstall, from Bob and Jeri.
• Eddie and Terry Loweth, from your family.