Orchids to …
• everyone who finds encouragement, kindness and joy in small things such as finding a kindness rock.
• county officials who voted against a tax increase, and for not punishing 80,000 county residents for the mismanagement of a few in county government.
• Gina and Elks Lodge staff and First Class Catering staff for an excellent job Saturday, from the Columbus High School Class of ‘57 Reunion Committee.
• the professional first responders and nice passers-by who helped deal with a vehicle incident Monday on State Road 46.
• Athens Church and door-greeter Mitzi for an awesome welcome, service and music Sunday, from a newcomer who visited and will be back.
• the personnel at Kroger Pharmacy for their consistently pleasant helpfulness.
• Mark Zeigler for the delicious, freshly picked corn, from the Sells.
• Gerald Branbau for your generous donation to Daughters of Isabella in memory of your wife Louise, a former Daughters of Isabella regent.
• Rick Moss for all the good you do for Love Chapel and your community.
• the young man at Chicago’s Pizza on Jonathan Moore Pike for his assistance in helping an older man with a cane get up from his table and leave the restaurant.
• Father Andy Syberg in your new assignment.
• the Columbus Rocks women who are painting positive messages on rocks and leaving them around town. I saw one today and it made my day.
Onions to …
• the soccer coach for using profanity at the fields near where the 4- and 5-year-olds also practice.
• the upcoming placement of a sculpture on the Library Plaza that envelopes and obscures the sculpture of another artist.
• the misinformed soul who knows nothing about the way Medicare and Medicaid operate.
• the people across the street from a small church who need to clean up their yard and their language on Sundays when services are being held.
Happy Birthday to …
• Robyn Foster, from your family and Donna.
• Ken Chandler, from your family, the Mosers, the Johnsons, the Knoefs and Donna.
• Deb Hendricks, from your family and Donna.
• Ken Chandler, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Dave Sanders.
• David Bense.
• Nathan Ryan Gibson.
• Sheila Behrman, from Eris, Sheryl, Pat, Carole, Cindy, Julie, Debbie, Nancy, Anne, Valeria and Jane.
• Lenora Adams, from Gerald, Melissa, Scott, Cristi, John, Stanley and Vivian.
• John Palmer, from Mom and Mike.
• Nick Armitage, from your friend.
Belated Wishes to …
• Staci Akin.
• Andy Siener, on July 25, from Norma Cosby.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Wendel Sweeney, on No. 66, from Colleen.
• Lucile Jaggers, from Paul.