Orchids to …
• the Elwoods for bringing Kyle Dean Massey to the Cabaret last night.
• Mike Goodner for arriving Saturday on a hot day to get our air conditioner fixed, from the Lovins family.
• the nice man with the messy coffee at the downtown bakery who bought my daughter a cupcake and told her a joke.
• Columbus Regional Hospital Tower 5 for including the volunteers in your 10-year celebration as a Joint and Spine Center Floor, from the volunteers.
• Charlie DeWeese for everything you do for the Green family, and for being our family, from Jimmy and Lisa.
• our neighbor Tyson for the homegrown veggies, from Bob and Karen.
• the lady who gave my son bubbles at Family Bingo Night when he did not win anything.
• the Columbus police officer who helped my daughter and two grandchildren when they ran out of gas Wednesday afternoon at Central Avenue and Seventh Street.
• Harry McCawley for his portrayal of Columbus firefighters in his Thursday column, from the inspector who was at that fire behind his house way back when.
• Tower 3 and the doctors at Columbus Regional Hospital for their compassionate care during my stay, from Debra.
Onions to …
• people who don’t think the drug crisis is rampant in Columbus.
• those who push the envelope too far when it comes to language in public forums.
• those who think we are not all children of God as we are all made in the image of God.
• those responsible for changing “I” to “We” in the Pledge of Allegiance.
• clueless drivers who don’t understand they are required to yield to vehicles already in a roundabout.
• those who support a president who avoided the draft and belittled the sacrifice and valor of an entire group of members of the military who proudly and bravely protect our country.
• volunteers and employees at local businesses who park in spaces that are reserved for customers.
• the government-regulated business organization for failure to provide customers advance notice when work is to be done on their property.
Happy Birthday to …
• Bonnie Rigsby, from your family and Donna.
• Pat Richards, from Danny, Kelli, Rylee, Lexie and Kloey.
• Jennifer Gates from Jessica, Skyler, Mason, Ryder, David, Bobbi, Kaydence, Steven, Easton and Stephanie.
• Amber Griffin, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Patty Champion, from Tom and Judy.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Donald and Janet Thompson, from Ceil and Bob Smith.