Orchids to …
• Lori Borgman for her humorous piece in Sunday’s edition of The Republic.
• Mila Lipinski, Tim Rix, Josie Royer, Tim Cox, Kyle Kingen and Jane Phillips for designing the imaginative and inviting “Between the Threads.”
• Lori Borgman, whose column in Sunday’s paper gave me more giggles than any of the comics.
• the people who set out the lovely luminaries on Riverside Drive for Saturday night’s Moonlight Loop, and to the many volunteers, because it was a great ride.
• Tom and John of Columbus Regional Hospital’s ambulance service for going above and beyond in the giving of the birthday present, from the Loves on Goeller Boulevard.
• Joe Yost and my good neighbors for helping me when I needed it, from Alice.
Onions to …
• the person on Orchard Valley Drive who will not leave my paper alone.
• anyone gullible enough to believe that energy-saving summer hours actually save energy.
• anyone who supports those who are preventing Colin Kaepernick from playing.
• the service-oriented community where the only real service provided is a cashier.
• the local league that requires a $50 payment to try out for the team.
• those responsible for the cul-de-sac which looks like a used car lot.
Happy Birthday to …
• Jeanie Estes, from Whosoever Will Church.
• Greg King, from your ex-workers and family.
• Pat Watson, from your family and Donna.
• Tina Henselmeier, from your family and co-workers.
• Lorene Turner, with love from your family.
• Kelly Perkinson, from Lester, Junior and all the family.
• Linda Henderson, with love from Jay and Mike.
• Abby Walls, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• David Sneed.
• Valarie Parker Thompson.
• Tony Miller.
• Joe Justice.
• Hannah Weddle, from Grandma Weddle.
Happy Birthday to …
• Angie Westerfield, from your family and Donna.
• Donita Butler, from family and friends.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Nancy, from your loving Hubby.
• Happy Belated Anniversary to…
• Tina and Chuck Boddie, from your family and Donna.