Orchids to …
• Dr. Vermillion and your staff for the special care and treatment for Buddy over the past 14 years, and for making a terrible day a little bit easier, from Lillian Rothrock.
• Grover Crouch for coming back to check on us Saturday evening when we lost a hubcap to a chuckhole on U.S. 31 North, from Debbie and Julie Greene.
• Nancy Nyers for the wonderful letter in Sunday’s newspaper about a great man, Dan Wallace, and his many accomplishments.
• Ursula for your bravery and integrity while dealing with a bully.
• all the people at Tipton Lakes who run and walk on the cart paths.
• Sixth Street General Baptist Church for an excellent homecoming and dinner.
• Faith, Hope & Love Church of God in Christ for an awesome block party at Ninth Street Park.
• Julie McClure for her wonderful article covering the rally against hate at City Hall, from a Bartholomew County Indivisible member.
Onions to …
• people who stand with their dog begging for food in all kinds of weather without any protection.
• the person who stole blooms from my sunflowers at the highway mailbox because bees and butterflies need the pollen to survive.
• those in power who recklessly threaten the loss of millions of innocent lives.
• people at the local response-to-violence vigil who held signs encouraging violence.
• elected officials who refuse to hold town halls to talk to their constituents.
• people who would rather make a xenophobic comment about English in America rather than understand the fact that government documents should be accurate, in any language.
• individuals who treat their elders with little respect.
• people trying to propagate panic about the upcoming eclipse when we survived just fine in 1979.
• people putting unnecessary rocks in unnecessary places.
• those who hold oxymoron signs at a rally against violence.
• anyone who doesn’t understand that the United States is well on its way to destroying itself from within, just as Krushchev said years ago.
• whoever is responsible for the architectural design that is a waste of money.
Happy Birthday to …
• Susan Niccum, from your family and Donna.
• Nikki Turner, with love from your family.
• Sharon Lipscomb, from your neighbor and your friends.
• Austyn Whittington, from Mamaw, Uncle Josh, Dad, Jessica and the rest of your family.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Perry Kelley, from Tom and Judy.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Toby and Faith Mullis and Mike and Anita Bryant, from Whosoever Will Church.
Happy Belated Anniversary to …
• Mr. and Mrs. John Clark on 22 years.