• August 16
Orchids to …
• Ron Robbins and his committee for another successful Elks Children’s Fund Golf Tourney.
• the customer at the UPS store on Monday who paid for my shipment when my card had been declined, which I learned about an hour later while returning to pay.
• the Rev. Roger Lee for an awesome sermon on Sunday at Sixth Street General Baptist Church.
• Joyce and Richard Artis for the wonderful job of putting on the great Hoosier Mustang Car Show.
• David Clouse and Jeff Janes for their help, from Bob, Pam and Pat.
• the Saturday morning crew at the downtown post office for their cheerfulness and efficiency.
• Thomas Williams
• the terrific Columbus Transit bus drivers and people you call to get directions and route numbers, from someone who was impressed when he rode the bus while his car was in the shop for two weeks.
• the kind person who paid for our breakfast Tuesday morning at Scooter’s.
• the people who helped Monday in Lowe’s parking lot when I had car problems, from Sharon.
• hard-working gardener Jack Green for the garden produce, from the Wrights.
• the folks who promote peace and harmony with a good leadership model and good skills, from an observer.
• neighbors Mr. and Mrs. John Daugherty for helping me up off the ground and making sure I got home OK.
Onions to …
• people who do not keep their dogs on a leash while taking them outside, endangering other families.
• downtown smokers who think their cigarette butts magically disappear after they throw them down, and the city for failing to provide sufficient clean-up and receptacles.
• drivers who act like driving a vehicle is rocket science.
• owners of outside dogs that bark all the time.
• people who mindlessly believe and spread gossip.
• the local company that allows an employee to send inappropriate texts to customers.
Happy Birthday to …
• Terry McGaha, from Whosoever Will Church.
• Deanna Campbell, from your family and Donna.
• Tracy Souza, from your family and Donna.
• Kristen Goecker, from Bob, Jeri, Brandon and the rest of your family.
• Penny, from Brad.
• Anna Emmert, on No. 15.
• Lisa McQueen, from Mom, Dad and Lori.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Earl and Barbara Williams, from Whosoever Will Church.