Orchids to …
• Nellie Meek for voting no on an issue that is a burden for the elderly.
• Jeff Jones for volunteering his time to lead our community’s effort to battle the opioid crisis.
• whoever deposited one of the friendly little rocks in the flowerpot on Plaza Drive because it was a nice gesture that made my day.
• the honest person who found my charge card at the Sam’s Club gas station and gave it to my bank.
• the town board member who stood up for the citizens of her community.
• Dr. Stoner and assistants at Columbus Animal Hospital for their kindness and quick relief of severe pain to my beloved Marty.
• supporters of fall high school sports other than football that also feed their athletes.
• the painter working at the corner of Taylor and Waycross who helped me up when I fell, and to the lady who also stopped and brought me back to my apartment at Fairington.
• Kate Hamilton for being a person of exceptionally high moral principles and for performing for charity.
• Doug Logan and Thomas Talbert for their excellent, enlightened and well-informed letters.
• the women who are painting the pretty rocks and putting them around town because it is inspiring for all of us.
• Jack and Sharon for being sweet and caring neighbors, from your friend in the trailer park.
Onions to …
• those who think removing evidence of past mistakes will solve today’s mistakes.
• those selfishly destroying history which educates on the good and the bad of our country.
• people who try to equate dogs, who were given a fur coat, to humans in regards to weather exposure.
• local news media outlets for their already excessive coverage of high school football.
• those who continue to put President Trump down, forgetting this Bible quote: “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.”
Happy Birthday to …
• Marjorie Schmeckebier, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Claire Brouse on No. 6, from your brother, Noah, and all your family.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Robert and Sheila (Brown) Thompson, from John Tinkey.
• Patrick and Jane Cashen, from John Tinkey.
• Brian and Kelly Cain, from Connie and Chris Nolting.