Orchids to …
• All of the motorcycle riders and supporters who came out for Sgt. Hunter’s procession on Tuesday, a true testament of community support.
• Bartholomew County Public Library for hosting the eclipse party on Monday.
• SIHO Insurance for the delicious and fun summer luncheons each Friday from Kim and Andrea.
• the president for his great speech about unity.
• Clora and Howard Mize for a wonderful Sunday afternoon, from your Forever Friends.
• the Rev. Ed Scherer-Berry and Newbern United Methodist Church for hosting the great hymn sing Aug. 13, from the Hope, Hartsville, Petersville and Westport United Methodist churches.
• God who provides the beautiful celestial bodies of the eclipse for everyone.
• Jim McCleery for providing his welder’s mask so we could watch the eclipse, from your friends at Columbus Pediatrics.
• First United Methodist Church and all the volunteers for the wonderful Parents’ Night Out.
• the watermelon bandit for giving us a delicious Jackson County melon.
• whoever is farming the beautiful bean fields between Washington Street and the Flat Rock River bridge.
• Dr. Ilya Schwartzman for allowing us to attend Sgt. Hunter’s procession, from his staff.
Onions to …
• statues that glorify people who championed slavery; we can better understand history through museums and books.
• County Council for considering a raise for county employees and possibly increasing taxes to do so.
• owners of the black-and-green car in the store parking lot Friday afternoon with a dog inside with all the windows rolled up.
• planners of the horrible Lowell Road project.
• the driver of the white vehicle who continued driving in the opposite direction along Central Avenue during the procession for a fallen soldier.
Happy Birthday to …
• Chris Mitchell, from your family and Donna.
• Emily Walker, from Mrs. Erickson.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Jimmy and Nataline Weddle, from Whosoever Will Church.
• John and Connie Ray.