Orchids to …
• Kelly Oliphant for making my birthday the best and for being a great friend, from Harold.
• Carter’s vacuum cleaner shop for telling us that our old sweeper was worth repairing and for doing so expertly.
• Tom Wetherald for inviting our family to stand in his yard for the funeral procession of Jonathon Hunter, and for providing umbrellas to those of us without.
• Randy at Rust-Unger Monuments for going above and beyond the call of duty to fix my father’s vase, from Laura.
• John Armstrong, the pastor at Grace Lutheran Church, for jump-starting our vehicle Tuesday morning in the rain.
• Dr. Poplin, from one of his patients.
• Doug and Tracey Warren for the awesome Saucony tote bags, from Debbie.
• the gentleman in the blue shirt who held his umbrella over both me and him while we waited for the procession Tuesday, from the lady with the crutch.
• Nancy Young for being an example of a true, lifelong friend, from Diana.
Onions to …
• the group that can’t understand why elected officials won’t attend their meeting.
• individuals who raise their voice at the end of a statement as if each sentence is a question.
• the person or persons who stole all the watermelons I had planted in the community garden.
• those supporting the political leader who threatens to shut down government until funding is granted for something citizens were told another country was supposed to pay for.
• people who think you can solve a problem by creating a hashtag.
• those who believe a few art objects constitute an architectural renewal.
• elected officials who think they will get re-elected after voting for a tax hike.
Happy Birthday to …
• Gary Bridges, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Tracy Fear, from your family and Donna.
• Gary Manowitz, from your family.
• Bill Carson, from your family and Donna.
• Maia Ward, from Mrs. Erickson.
• Anthony Harker and Benjamin Wiwi, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Jesse Bragg.
• Michelle Swartz.
• Juanita Adkins, from your kids, grandkids and great-grandkids.
• Chris Chapman, from JoAnne A.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Kay and Jim Newton, from Sue.