Orchids to …
• Edinburgh, which didn’t plead for outsiders to restore their theater.
• whoever found my son’s phone Friday night at Columbus East High School and turned it in — and to the East office staff for charging it and keeping it safe.
• Nurse Lisa and Dr. Montgomery at Northside Pediatrics for providing care with a touch of bedside manner and some good laughs to boot, from a concerned and exhausted mother.
• the entire city of Columbus for making the opening of the 2017 exhibition so special and perfect, from Exhibit Columbus.
• Jeff and John for chairing the Exhibit Columbus preview party and throwing one of the best parties this community has ever seen, from Exhibit Columbus.
• informed people who understand events such as Exhibit Columbus and the “Columbus” movie represent national and international notoriety that can’t be bought and will lead to economic development opportunities that benefit the entire community.
• the Walgreen’s cashier on Beam Road who helped my son exchange a leg brace for a correctly fitting one which improves his health and enables him to do his job better.
• emergency responders who came to our home in Mineral Springs on Friday night, giving us much-needed help and assurance.
• John Keele’s letter to the editor about improvement of health care in the United States, from someone who totally agrees.
• David and everyone at Ono Brothers for the awesome home you rebuilt for us after the fire, from Wade and Margaret Goodin.
• Noel Taylor for his letter to the editor Aug. 25 that really tells the truth about biofuels.
Onions to …
• those responsible for allowing The Crump to be an eyesore to the visitors of Columbus.
• the city for the the extremely slow progress on the Rocky Ford Road project.
• all the agencies in Columbus that are supposed to help people in need but don’t.
• myself for going through a red light coming off 10th Street, with apologies to all the drivers who had to stop for me and the man in the Dodge truck who tooted his horn repeatedly.
• anyone who thinks it’s OK to walk through others’ yards and destroy property.
Happy Birthday to …
• Bethany Burton, Hayley Hudson and Gracie Ogle, from Whosoever Will Church.
• Carol Wisler and Jamie Young, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Brennan Cook, from Mrs. Erickson.
• Stephanie Long.
• Katie Sullivan.
• Lucas Crowder.
• Joyce Brackburn.
• Sarah Marie Harker.
• Hulda Goecker on No. 95, from your family and friends.
• Eli Brown, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Danny Piper.
• Jill Childers from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Donna Smith, from the Kruegers.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Bob Snively, on No. 32, from Sheila.
• Jeff and Cindy Burton, from Whosoever Will Church.
• Bud and Sue Kincaid, from your family and friends.
• Dave and Pat Baldwin, from friends at the Moravian Church.