Heritage Fund scholarships listed online
Heritage Fund — The Community Foundation of Bartholomew County, has opened online applications for the 2018 scholarship season.
Students may create user accounts and access scholarship information at hfbcscholarships.communityforce.com/Login.aspx.
A list of scholarships, eligibility requirements and the application link are available at heritagefundbc.org under “Scholarships.” Applications are due by 4 p.m. Jan. 12.
Several new scholarships are available as part of the combined application this year, including:
- Steve Antcliff Memorial Scholarship: Established to honor Steve Antcliff, who died in 2016. The scholarship celebrates his passion for helping others and his belief that education transforms lives.
- Developmental Services Inc. William K. Hadar Scholarship: Established in 2016 to perpetuate the achievements and dreams of future professionals dedicated to making a difference in the lives of others and to honor DSI’s longest-serving chief executive officer, William K. Hadar.
- Abbott Forrester Garn Scholarship: Established in memory of Columbus East High School sophomore Abbott Forrester Garn.
- Sgt. Jonathon Michael Hunter Legacy Scholarship Fund: Established this year to honor the memory and celebrate the life of U.S. Army Sgt. Jonathon Michael Hunter, which will recognize students who exhibit his leadership, strength of character and selflessness.
- Thomas H. Sayrs Memorial Scholarship: In memory of Tom Sayrs, who was passionate about engineering and a long-time volunteer with Science Olympiad.
- Kenny Smith Memorial Scholarship: Established in memory of Kenny Smith.
Heritage Fund awarded more than $700,000 in educational scholarships in 2017 to area students. Scholarships are available for graduating high school seniors, college students, graduate school students and non-traditional students.
For more information: 812-376-7772.
Class of ’48 plans reunion
The Columbus High School Class of 1948 is inviting the graduates of the 1946, 1947, 1949 and 1950 classes to join at a class reunion Sept. 18 at the Moose Lodge, Eighth and Washington streets.
A social hour is planned from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and a luncheon at 12:30 p.m. The luncheon and beverages from the bar during the social hour are free, courtesy of the 1948 reunion committee.
For reservations, contact Susie Herron, 2545 Pearl St., Columbus, IN 47201 or Bill Mihay, 9732 W. Harrison Court, Columbus, IN 47201, by Sept. 11.
College cost estimates available
Heritage Fund — The Community Foundation of Bartholomew County, is partnering with the National Center for College Costs to provide families with estimates of college costs across Indiana campuses. Students may receive a free customized, confidential financial estimator report when applying for scholarships administered by the Heritage Fund.
Information is available at heritagefundbc.org or by calling 812-376-7772.