Orchids to …
• Waynesburg Christian Church for the great evening with the Columbus Behavioral Center kids who had a great time.
• Jamie at the west side Walmart for the patience and expert help in the photo section, from M. and G.
• the staff at Kroger’s deli department for the great service and truly excellent fried chicken tenders provided for the Par 3 golf course scramble Tuesday evening.
• Jacob at Lowe’s for helping the women get the power washer to work Wednesday.
• Spider Miller for having the Walker’s Cup golf trophy at Bob Welmer’s fish fry.
• Tyrone at Hickory Creek Healthcare for being a wonderful nurse, from a grateful patient.
• the Columbus Optical guys who are always pleasant and willing to fix my damaged glass frames.
Onions to …
• supporters of a president who wastes time obsessing over football players when millions of people are suffering from destruction by Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico.
• whoever is in charge of setting the street lights in the city because I just sat four minutes at the intersection of Taylor Road and U.S. 31 with not a car in sight.
• those who put out Halloween displays showing people getting hurt, when people are hurt all over the world.
• the middle class miracle tax plan which is a huge tax break for corporations and the super rich, leaving the middle class with nothing.
• those who attempt to label groups of people they don’t agree with as hate groups.
Happy Birthday to …
• Shelly Bell, from your family and Donna.
• Erik Baldwin and Alex Settle, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Chad Miller.
• Brian Sims.
• Joyce Crull.
• Cindy Baden, Rachel Depoy and Richard Keller, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Morgan Cox.
• Mary Sprossig.
• Beverly Money, from Tammy and Laura.
• Samuel Dickmeyer, from Dove Ministries.
• Mary Hargitt, from all your family and friends.
• Jacob Bunch on No. 22, from Dad, Tiffany, Sue, Donnie Wayne, Rodger Sr., Wilma, family and friends.
• Marvin Easter, from your family and friends.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Andy and Karen Kilps, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Happy Belated Anniversary to…
• Steve and Norma Beirlein, from Dove Ministries.
• The Rev. James and Diana Krumme Hudson, from John Tinkey.