Orchids to …
• Naomi Fleetwood-Pyle, owner of Flowers from the Woods, for the beautiful flowers you did for my cousin’s funeral.
• all in the Columbus community who attended our Men Take a Stand event on Tuesday, from Turning Point Domestic Violence Services.
• Jim Roberts for your words encouraging community engagement in the promotion of healthy relationships at our Men Take a Stand event on Tuesday, from Turning Point Domestic Violence Services.
• Capt. Chris Roberts and Detective Sgt. Brian Plummer for being men who stand up against domestic and dating violence in our community.
• the nice lady at the post office who helped me to the car, from the lady with the cane.
• the person who wrote the Orchid for David Eder, our postman, who always had a friendly smile and went beyond what was necessary and will be missed.
• Ken Chandler for an honest opinion of today’s “kneeling” situation because it is time to stand up for what is right and honorable.
• Ken Chandler for his excellent letter to the editor regarding how kneeling doesn’t solve problems.
• informed people who understand the NRA exists to protect the business interests of the armaments industry, not to protect the rights of law-abiding gun owners.
• David Wilson for being a true friend.
• Gary and Marilyn Cheek and Columbus Free Methodist Church for being true friends to a disabled person.
• Ken Chandler for the non-racist, very well-written letter about respect.
• Addison and Krystal Perry and the Wagner family, for your generosity in sharing the delicious candies from former Columbus North High School student/now pastry chef Matt Wagner.
• the three gentlemen on 25th street who saw our tire blow and and changed it for us on Monday, from the two disabled women in the little white Jeep Liberty.
• Sheriff Matt Myers and the other people who were involved in presenting a very informative town hall meeting on Thursday evening.
• Ken Chandler for the mind-provoking letter in Wednesday’s paper.
• Ken Chandler for his excellent letter in the paper on Wednesday.
Onions to …
• people who don’t understand everything the Las Vegas shooter did was illegal already, and that no new law would have prevented it.
• those who will not support the playground project of the elementary school that is in their own backyard.
• the clueless who don’t understand that if you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.
• the red Jeep that exited from the factory parking lot onto Gladstone Avenue through the “entrance only” on Monday and Tuesday afternoon.
• disrespectful athletes who forget that they get paid millions of dollars to play a game.
• Columbus for being such a progressive and educated community, but failing to elect a majority of officials who represent that.
• liberals who can’t grasp everything the Las Vegas shooter did was illegal, including killing people, and that no new law would have stopped it.
• the woman who lets her dog urinate on flowers in front of a local church and needs to be reprimanded, from the guy in a white pickup truck.
• the person who stole my dragonfly and my hummingbird LED lights out of my front yard and then came back a week or two later and stole my bird bath, because if you had a job you could buy your own.
• people who do not understand there is no such thing as a silencer for a gunshot because there are suppressors, and that is what a silencer is, a sound suppressor, not a silencer.
• drivers who think that speed limits, stop signs, stoplights, caution signals and school bus laws are are all suggestions, rather than laws that you must obey.
• people who don’t acknowledge that the U.S. military defends the Constitution, which includes Americans’ right to protest as protected by the First Amendment.
Happy Birthday to …
• Ann Reid, from your family and Donna.
• Bob Condon, from Charlotte, Debbie, Scott, Doug, Diane, Cindy, Donna, and all your family and barber shop customers.
• Stephanie Gates, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Skyler Stubblefield from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Troy Ripley, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Trevor Knotts, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• for Stephanie Gates from Mom, Jessica, Skyler, Mason, Ryder, David, Bobbi, Kaydence, Steven and Easton.
• Isabel Branum, from your family.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Rodgina Wheeler.
• Greg Burton.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Ed and Deborah Dickmeyer.