Orchids to …
• new Columbus East High School choral director Nick Brockamp on a great job with your first concert performance.
• Dr. Jack Chaille for purchasing Best Friends Animal Healthcare Center, where he will provide knowledgeable, and kind, compassionate care to all animals.
• the person who compared the logic of gun control to being overweight, because it was a great laugh for a day.
• Dennis Shaw for coaching soccer this fall and for a great season.
• the owner of Garden of Grace Gift Shop for being so gracious to customers.
• Rick Rise, a retired army veteran, for removing and sawing in pieces a huge tree limb on Thursday that had fallen in the road and yard, from a grateful stranger.
Onions to …
• anyone who believes that freedom is $20 trillion in debt and invasive domestic surveillance.
• those who just sit there with their mouths agape.
• irresponsible elected officials for raising taxes knowing they will never again come down.
• whoever is in charge of taking care of the U.S. flag in Elizabethtown for not putting it at half staff in honor of those killed in Las Vegas.
• high school graduates who have not yet sent out thank-you cards for their graduation gifts.
• people supporting gun control who won’t talk about the babies killed by abortion.
• people who think our president is so bad, not thinking how bad Hillary must have been to lose the election.
• people complaining about traffic not stopping at crosswalks instead of just simply and safely waiting for traffic to clear before crossing, like the old days.
• pedestrians who walk out into traffic and expect vehicles to stop for them.
• local politicians who think some DACA people living in Indiana for 10 years should be rewarded with amnesty for knowingly breaking our laws.
• people who don’t wonder why the country with highest gun ownership in the world also has the highest gun-related mass murder rate — gun ownership isn’t keeping us safe.
• gun advocates who fail to realize that a dinner fork was never used to kill more than 50 people from more than 300 yards away.
• celebrities who loudly decry violence unless they are profiting by producing violent “entertainment.”
Happy Birthday to …
• Ryan Capes, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Roy Pruitt.
• Margaret Hedrick, from your children, family and church members.
• Megan Wilson, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Jake Wade.
• Heather Bruner.
• Beau McKinney.
• Margaret Hendrick.
• Brian J. Harker.
• Devon Pruden.
• David Webster.
• Haleigh Alsip.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Don and Lisa Coombs and Todd and Jennifer Meier, from friends at the Moravian Church.