Orchids to …
• Dr. Koopman for explaining that I don’t need to worry about my health insurance, from Paula.
• the emergency room staff at Columbus Regional Hospital for the fabulous, compassionate and professional care Sept. 30, from K.B.
• Bob Valek for a very insightful and well-thought-out letter about the erosion of free speech.
• Russell Poling Sr. and Mark Schneider for their letters to the editor about the need for local officials to control spending instead of increasing our taxes.
• the employees at T.J. Maxx and Big Lots.
• Robert Valek for a great letter that speaks the truth.
• the kind people who turned in the lost money around 10 o’clock on Saturday night at Walmart; it was very much appreciated, from Joe.
• Russell Poling Sr. and Mark Schneider for their spot-on letters to the editor.
Happy Birthday to …
• Sarah Kiste, from your family, Melissa and Donna.
• Jennifer Jutte, from your family, Roxanna and Donna.
• Hershal Axsom.
• Autumn Chastain, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Cody Hege, from friends at the Moravian Church and Grandma Hege.
• Amy Keller, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Davis Cole.
• Rosa Deal, from your sisters, Betty and Brenda.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Franz and Mavis Burton.
• Bob and Sandra Gilliland, from friends at the Moravian Church.