Orchids to …
• politicians who are speaking up and not being complicit.
• Derick at Advantage Heating and Cooling for his outstanding customer service helping a cold family on Junco Drive get warm again.
• the city of Columbus for lighting the Robert N. Stewart bridge purple for domestic violence awareness month, from Turning Point.
• the Columbus Police Department for recovering the stolen Chevelle.
• Miss Lydia at Victory Gymnastics for being so patient with and helping a new student.
• Steve LaRue for spreading the mulch at the school.
• everyone involved with Ethnic Expo, as we are better together.
• the Bartholomew County Sheriff’s Department and especially deputy Brent Worman for helping out a person in need with a late-night ride home from the hospital emergency room.
Onions to …
• the motorcyclist texting while going 50 mph
• the department store thief who took steel-toe boots and left a pair of athletic shoes.
• those who glorify and victimize the drug problem as an epidemic and a disease when it’s really poor life choices and ignorance on the user’s part.
• impatient drivers who complain in the Onions when they occasionally have to wait for a traffic light to cycle when there’s no cross traffic.
• those concerned with how long a lawn mower is being used rather than being glad that it’s being used.
• the elderly driver who nearly caused an accident by pulling out directly in front of me on 25th Street.
• people who complain about how long it takes for someone to mow their lawn.
• the vice president for defending the big guy.
• anyone who would put up posters that promote bigotry, hate and racism because you are not welcome here.
• people who think Sens. Flake, Corker and McCain courageously told the truth.
• anyone who teaches children or kids do as I say, but don’t say or do as I do.
• a society that promotes pride in one’s ethnicity unless that ethnicity is Caucasian.
Happy Birthday to …
• Aimee Overshiner, from your family and Donna.
• Georgia Carlton on No. 1, from Mammy and Pappy.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Chris and Amy Gephart, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Trey and Stacy Papke, from Grandma Hege.