Orchids to …
• Becky Church and the city of Columbus for all the gorgeous downtown floral displays that enrich us all.
• Paige and David Langenderfer, for being some of the best neighbors and friends we’ve ever had, from Tyson and Becky Hall.
• those who sent cards or a note or made a phone call to me on my birthday on Sunday, from John Tinkey.
• the Simmermakers for their help over the years and their assistance Sunday getting me home from a church function, from a disabled person.
Onions to …
• local churches that waste time and money on trunk-or-treat Halloween activities and label them as outreach opportunities.
• those who assume the U.S. is only a Christian nation when there are five major religions that have status in the U.S.: Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Christianity and New Age.
• those who don’t realize that white supremacists are not welcomed because they don’t share racial-relation beliefs and are against the law.
• politicians who don’t learn from past history to know that trickle-down economics don’t work.
• the parent who wants to stop school prayer but takes off work for every single religious holiday, regardless of religion.
• those who want to preserve Confederate statues celebrating a group that killed 360,000 soldiers.
• staff members who were rude to someone they were helping Saturday.
• the parents at the courthouse who allow small children to run free.
• drivers who don’t know how to drive on a roundabout, creating a traffic hazard.
• parents who think a certain restaurant is a day care center.
• the organization that asked a school to stop having prayer and to those who complained about having prayers in schools at athletic events or anywhere, because it’s freedom of speech.
• Democrats, who should leave the president alone and go after those who cheated.
• anyone who took Benghazi more seriously than Russian collusion, because one incident has actually led to arrests.
Happy Birthday to …
• April Bryant.
• Lisa Earnhart, from your family, Bonnie, Pat and Donna.
• Emily Baden, from Friends at Moravian Church.
• John McFarland.
• Rob Justus.
• Tim Reinbold, with love from Martha, Bradlee, Luke and Mas.
• Carolyn Emilay from Kerri, Don and Jayd and from her husband, Buck.