Orchids to …
• Greg for working in the pouring rain to clear out the drain on our cul de sac Sunday night.
• the Rev. Daniel Stetler for his awesome evangelism.
• Kathleen Smith for her letter to the editor exposing a critical failure in the public education of today’s youth, from Don Strietelmeier.
• Dr. Rachel Proffitt at Hope Veterinary clinic and all their staff for helping our precious Molly cross the rainbow bridge, from Susie Prather.
• Mike and Terri Metz for hosting our “Thanksmas” gathering, from all the family.
• all the neighbors who showed up for the meeting Monday night at 17th and Home.
Onions to …
• the government that better represents the tax avoider than the tax payer.
• those who don’t call for a ban on cars and trucks, as they are used by terrorists and others to kill multiple people at a time.
• those who have no clue as to what K-12 public schools do in social studies education but can easily find out by examining state standards and requirements — or better yet, by volunteering or substituting in the classroom.
• those who don’t pay attention and thought that there was a local election Tuesday.
• those who do not realize that we need legislation when prayer fails for gun control.
Happy Birthday to …
• Lois Olmstead, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Dick Gaynor on No. 75, from Noreen and family.
• John Shaw, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Missy Knudsen.
• Sadie Bear Freeman.
• Sara Carter.
• Amanda Dreyer.
• Braden Sauer.
• Cori Thayer.
• Deb “Debbie” Gassaway, with love from your family.
• Belated happy birthday to …
• Denver Huff, on Nov. 7, from the kids.